What to Expect!
If you are new to our event, or just have a short memory, here are some tips and info to help you enjoy the most out of our event
At the curling club:
– Wear clothes that are warm and comfortable. Gloves may be an option. Please have clean footwear to wear while curling. Each curling game takes about 1.5hours so being warm during the game will be beneficial
– You will be guaranteed 3 games and could play as many as 6 over two days
– Winning Team buys the first round after each game
– Your first three games will take place Wednesday. Be prepared to spend most of the day at the club. Playoffs start Thursday morning for those teams that make it through
– There will be breakfast and Lunch included both days. There will be a Supper served at the curling club on Wednesday to all curlers.
– There is instruction and practice early Wednesday morning for those who have not curled before, or just need a refresher. There will be curlers there to help instruct and help you find your way.
– Each team is made of four random participants. There will be at least one person with curling experience per team and they are there to help you along your way.
– There will be a “Draw to the Button” for Lobster! This is broken into two groups; ones with curling shoes, and ones without. Closest to the button in each group takes home $250 in Lobster
– Each participant will be given an entry gift as you arrive at the curling club. You will also receive your meal and drink tickets for the event.
– There will be a 50/50 draw, so bring a little cash so you have a chance of winning!
– Each team participates in “Poker Curling”. Buy-in is $20 per player.
– There will be overflow parking at the Halifax Forum. Map to be posted on Main Page
At the banquet:
– Dress code is Business Casual.
– There will be networking with all your fellow curlers for an hour before dinner
– Appetizers and Dinner will be served at your table where you will sit with your Team
– Each participant will receive drink tickets for the banquet and there will be a cash bar.
– Taxi chits will be available. A special hotel rate at the Westin is available for participants
– There will be a Casino night following Dinner. Prizes are available to all who participate. Lots of great gifts to be won!
– Servers will be taking drink orders at the playing tables, but NO CASH. Drinks to be on TABS ONLY
– Bring your registration ticket as this goes into a draw for door prizes!
– There will be one final 50/50 draw with tickets being sold at the tables. Have some cash on hand to ensure you have a chance to bring home some cash.
– The event will wrap up shortly after 11pm.